Cook time: 1 1/2 hours
400 ml of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout
2 lbs. diced beef (look stew meat)
2 medium onion, diced
2 carrot, diced
2 celery, diced
2 large, parsnip, diced
9 cups of thick beef stock
Garnish with fresh thyme and rosemary (optional)
- Stir fry the beef until all brown.
- Add the vegetables and cook till tender.
- Pour the GUINNESS® and reduce by half (let the heat evaporate the liquid).
- Add the beef stock and herbs and simmer very slowly for between an hour and an hour and a half. It takes a while.
- Serve with the champ potato (mashed potatoes with spring onions) and garlic bread. YUM!