We've had the name, "Boston" on our list of names for a son since we were engaged because it's associated with so many wonderful experiences for us. Boston has becomes such a special name to us, and here are some of the reasons why:
1. First of all, what an amazing game this past Wednesday when the Red Sox played against the Cardinals and took the World Series title at Fenway Park (the first win at Fenway since 1918)! There was so much energy vibrating through the screen from Fenway. It brought back memories of when we were at Fenway for the first time, singing "Sweet Caroline" during the 8th inning.
2. Although a huge tragedy, so much strength and solidarity grew from the Boston Marathon bombings this year. I hope that both strength and solidarity will grow with my little Boston as well. Boston will learn that we are all humans with great power and potential to do good when we are connected. We are forever Boston Strong.
3. His daddy loved his mission for the LDS church in Boston, MA. This name will forever serve as a reminder of those precious few years he spent serving the Lord and His people.
4. His mommy and daddy LOVE the city of Boston. There is such great history and culture in this city, things that just resonated with us such as the North End, great Italian food and cannoli's, Paul Revere's story, the famous Old North Church, Boston Tea Party, and so much more. We hope to live here some day.
5. Legend has it that the name, "Boston" derives from the old Catholic saint, Botolph, who is over travelers, and that's what we live for--ADVENTURE
P.S. I really, really wish we were in Boston right now, partying it up like it's 1918.